The Voyage Audio Spatial Mic Kit 360-Degree Ambisonics Microphone with Dante Connectivity is a high-end solution that was designed for audio engineers, game-sound designers, AR/VR producers, and 3D audio pioneers
The Voyage Audio Spatial Mic Kit is a professional second-order ambisonics VR microphone capable of single-wire connectivity to your Dante network. It employs an array of eight 14mm condenser capsules to record in 360°, allowing the sound your viewers hear to change as they move and look around in a Virtual Reality or 360° video.
The Spatial Mic’s design helps streamline the recording workflow associated with multi-channel microphone arrays. It employs built-in Dante network connectivity, with no external mic preamps, multi-channel cables carrying analog signals, or converters needed. A calibration profile is stored within each mic to ensure consistent signal purity. Dante recording quality supports resolutions up to 32-bit / 192 kHz.
The mic works in tandem with two powerful apps (free downloads available separately). Used in postproduction, the Spatial Mic Converter DAW plug-in (VST, AAX, MacOS X, and Windows 10) transforms the raw capsule output to first- or second-order Ambisonics in AmbiX or Fuma formats, offering the capability to change the microphone’s aim to the point in space where the audio was initially recorded. The Spatial Mic Control app allows for remote operation of all hardware controls and more (MacOS X and Windows 10).
The microphone is light, compact, and durable, and it features high-quality aluminum and nylon construction. The Dante connector supplies power over ethernet (PoE). To get you recording right out of the box, the Spatial Mic comes in a kit that includes a metal mini swivel ball head mount and a foam windscreen.
- Record the Entire Sound Field with Precision
- Eight 14mm condenser capsules for second-order Ambisonics
- Dante audio networking at 32-bit/192 kHz resolutions
- Sample rates USB: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- ADC: 114 dB per channel at 24-bit
- Individual calibration stored in each mic for balanced array sensitivity
- DSP: 32-bit XMOS with 16 real-time logical cores
- DSP modes: Unprocessed up to 192 kHz, all other decoding modes up to 96 kHz
- Output filters, selectable within the Spatial Mic Converter plug-in, have been carefully constructed for precise audio conversion
- Streamlined 360° Workflow
- MicNet Control provides remote control of the analog stage and internal DSP processing of Spatial Mic Dante.
- Computers on the Dante network running MicNet Control can change the parameters of any microphone on the network.
- MicNet Control can change the audio output format, which is accomplished in the microphone itself via DSP
- Output options include unprocessed (for Spatial Mic Converter Plugin), first-order Ambisonics, surround feeds, and virtual mic mono or stereo pairs.
- A 1/4-20 thread mount on the back of the mic allows for mounting to a standard microphone stand using the included ball head mount.
- For isolation from unwanted vibrations, the mic is designed to fit the Rycote InVision shockmount (available separately).
Price & Availability
The Voyage Audio Spatial Mic Kit 360-Degree Ambisonics Microphone with Dante Connectivity retails for $2,899 USD and it will start shipping on October 19th, 2022.